[OSM-talk] VDO Dayton PN2050 and OSM

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Tue Jan 13 21:07:20 GMT 2009

Hi Nic,

thanks for pointing me into the right direction. I have found
out, that it's a lot easier to start external applications on the
PN2050. Just copy the application you want to the root directory of
your SD card and rename it to "vdoservice.exe". Now the application
starts on boot. :)

I have successfully run navit (http://navit.sourceforge.net/) on my
PN2050. navit can load OSM data and several other map formats. It has a
good routing algorithm. :) I haven't tried gosmore, that's my next
step. But I think it will run on it, too.

They have a complete set of maps from OSM to import them into navit
(http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/OpenStreetMaps), very nice.

Regards,
Daniel