[OSM-talk] OSM and Linked Data, and W3C, etc ...

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Jan 13 21:19:18 GMT 2009

brendan barrett wrote:

> "Yeah, because none of us have any idea what we're doing, we're just a
> bunch of clueless fuckwits that are intent on buggering up
> everything."
>
> I think this was a little harsh. When i'm working on a project, I
> welcome any input I can get. It doesn't mean I stop doing what i'm
> doing. It never hurts getting others to review things. You don't need
> to stop development on API 0.6 to do a review. If someone would like
> to review it (as a parallel process) and post some additional thoughts
> on the design... then why not? It doesn't have to stop any current
> work.

If there is somebody out there who can offer constructive and practical
suggestions on how to improve things then fine. I very much doubt that
we will get that though.

What we will get is, after we've spent a lot of time and effort bringing
somebody up to speed on how things work, is a lot of pie in the sky hand
waving ideas of the sort that lots of people have provided in the past.

It's not like there is any great mystery about what is needed, or that
there is some magic bullet such that somebody can say "change this
parameter to Y and it will go ten times faster".

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/