[OSM-talk] 68 GPS units donated to OSM

Chris Hill chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 16:58:12 GMT 2009

But to push the average sample rate for an area up to a useful level you will need about a 100 trips on the same road - easy near a depot or a big customer, not so elsewhere.  It might give a reasonable track in very slow-moving traffic.

Just uploading all the tracks to OSM and then looking at the combined download with JOSM will give you the average.  I think Potlatch joins the points together with a line which might be distracting when they are three minutes apart.

 cheers, Chris