[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sat Jan 31 00:06:55 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:
>    the German community takes offence at user:chriscf's deletion
> of the  "smoothness" voting result from "approved features" and
> moving it to "rejected features" in spite of of there having been
> a proper vote with an "approved" outcome.

Then the German community should come to this, non-localised mailing list
and have the cojones to say so. OSM is an international project, you can't
just fork it by holding kangaroo courts on -de or -gb or -za or whatever.
(And I know you're part of the -de community, Frederik, but I'm also not
under any illusions that you're communicating this message because you love
the voting system.)

Chris has had the courage of his convictions to stand up against an utterly
ridiculous tag, thereby pointing out the flaws in a voting system which a
lot of us are silently unhappy with. Good luck to him.

cheers
Richard