[OSM-talk] How to tag an archway ?

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:14:57 BST 2009

An arcade usually cuts through a block, rather than running alongside a
road. I'd have said colonnade was about right, though they're not exactly
common in the UK (the two level shops at Chester spring to mind, but they
are probably peculiar to themselves). We do have what can best be described
as concrete awnings, eg in Birmingham, but they are stricly functional,
and probably best described as something like covered=yes.

I'd probably go for footway=colonnade

Richard

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com