[OSM-talk] Move the Map

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:45:17 BST 2009

2009/6/16 Yann Coupin <yann at coupin.net>:
> Maybe we could also leverage the new part of HTML 5 that enables
> geolocation to center the map on the user's current location. I know
> IE doesn't support it yet, but waiting for IE support of a new
> technology is pretty much like saying that you will lag years behind...
>
> Yann

Geolocation in OpenLayers is a work-in-progress, it is going to try
and support as many browsers as possible by including support for the
W3C spec, along (hopefully) with the Loki plugin for IE, and the
methods that Google Gears provides for geoloc.

It's certainly on my todo list to look into.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood