[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 05:00:12 BST 2009

2009/10/3 Gervase Markham <gerv-gmane at gerv.net>:
> On 01/10/09 04:26, John Smith wrote:
>> I still like Shaun's idea of a committee
>
> We really, really need a committee to decide what values we are going to
> standardize for binary true and false?

No we need a committee to decide upon a core set of values that people
should use where possible instead of naming the same "thing" 10
different ways, the argument over boolean values just highlights the
point.

For example, a ford in Australia is a causeway, yet they are the same
thing, just known by different people as different names.

If we take a programming language as an example, we usually don't have
duplicate function names to do the same thing, except PHP seems to
break this rule.