[OSM-talk] Tagging schema

Hugh Barnes list.osm at hughbris.com
Mon Oct 5 13:49:17 BST 2009

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 01:12:41 +0200
Egil Hjelmeland <privat at egil-hjelmeland.no> wrote:

> I started mapping my local mountain village in Norway a month ago. I
> find the fundamental OSM data model very simple and elegant: The
> three basic elements (node, way/area, relation), and properties as
> key-value pairs. But I don’t like that free-form tagging has been
> elevated to a Religion.
>
> As a mapper, I want a much more structured, well defined tagging
> scheme.

I'm late saying this. I think your proposal is thorough, workable and
well stated. Thank you – you went to places I am afraid to even dare
think, so inculcated am I.

I am not sure I have seen anything compelling in the thread to
challenge or add to what you have said.

I'm afraid I have nothing to add but support because it's exactly what I
would like to see happen.

Cheers