[OSM-talk] Tagging schema

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Oct 5 23:24:04 BST 2009

Mike N. wrote:
> So, I've revised my
> approach to placing non-rendering shop types on the building outline where
> the name= tag will be shown.

If I understand you correctly your mapping/tagging so the name is
displayed along the outline of the shop.

unknown boundaries also do this.
I believe this is considered an error in Mapnik which is known about. I
think(?) a fix is being work on. I'm sure a mapnik programmer could give
more accurate info.

Personally I don't like the way the name wraps around corners making it
almost impossible to read. That's why I don't map for the render & try &
wait patiently for them to catch up

Cheers
Dave F.