[OSM-talk] Mapping islands question

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 28 06:41:09 GMT 2009

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=27.526&lon=-80.2964&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF)
> and the main issue is that the island's coastlines were very wrong.
(Roads
> off the coast, the coastline at one point crossed over itself as a
> figure-eight, etc.) And I've made these changes and made sure that the
> coasts were connected and running counter-clockwise, but the changes
don't
> appear -- but the streets and other changes that I've made while doing
this
> have appeared.
>
> Am I doing something wrong with setting up the islands? Or are
coastlines
> rendered on a different schedule (not "real time") and so I need to wait
> until later in the week to see whether it's fixed or not?

I still see crossing coastlines, especially in this area:
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=27.52804&lon=-80.31554&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF>

There is one scetchy coastline with way id=22306017 and source=PGS
crossing an island with id=43250051, and a bit more south there is also an
island, id=43250058 which is inside the coastline of id 22306017.

I see that you edited 22306017, which was edited afterwards. Maybe that
messed things up?

Regards,
Maarten