[OSM-talk] importing shapefile data to OSM

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 19:41:02 GMT 2009

For now, there are two options. One us a python script written by
chris schmidt. The other is a java app written by me.

The python one is called shp2osm. It requires a bit of programming
knowhow and some dependency magic, but it allows you to convert a
little more programmatically.

The java version is an all-in-one solution and will work out of the
box. It doesn't allow you to do complicated mappings but it will work
in the majority of cases. Plus if you ask me I will add your requested
feature pretty quickly.

Shp2osm and shp-to-osm both have links on this wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Shp2osm

Sent from my iPhone