[OSM-talk] In-vehicle tracking and editing software for tablet computers?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Fri Feb 5 08:56:00 GMT 2010

El 05/02/2010 4:12, Sam Wilson escribió:
> We have a fleet of 15 or 20 vehicles [...] I need to track where they go, primarily; that's not really anything to do
> with OSM, I realise.
[...]
> What I'm looking for is something -- I'm playing with Traveling Salesman at
> the moment -- that could combine all of these things, navigation, tracking,
> and editing.

I'd use separate pieces of software. Custom software for tracking (it's
not that hard, and it really depends on how you transmit the position of
the vehicle); navit for navigation (text-to-speech and all), and JOSM
for editing (with the livegps and surveyor plugins).

If you put all that in a linux box with gpsd, you'll be able to run all
of them at once.