[OSM-talk] printable maps of continents

Joe Richards joefish75 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 11:58:59 GMT 2010

I'm sure this has been asked before but searching didn't provide any satisfactory results.  I would like to produce some large (e.g. A3) printed maps of continents (specifically Central America and South America), showing the political borders, ideally mountain ranges, rivers and major cities.

I notice I can print maps with Kosmos, but downloading an entire continent's OSM file seems a bit excessive and likely to fail.  Is there a better way?

Would having these maps pre-rendered in popular formats online help newcomers to Openstreetmap get interested and delve deeper?