[OSM-talk] Photo_mapping - How to put EXIF data into a jpg image

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 10:31:53 GMT 2010

Niklas Cholmkvist wrote:
> When I photo map I take some photos which I later synchronise with a GPS
> trace, to know with the most precision where I had taken the photos.
>
> I would like to put the lat long data right into the JPEG images though.

There are plenty of tools to do this:

* gpscorrelate	- a command line tool, where you specify the gpx file,
the images and (optionally) a time offset

* prune - graphical tool that can be used to display gpx in front of osm
map background and edit the gpx file. It supports geoimage features, as
well.

* photo_geotagging - a plugin for josm that does just that.

See what you like best!
__

Sebastian