[OSM-talk] Serious consideration of "Newbie Editor"

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Thu Feb 25 21:13:26 GMT 2010

On 26 February 2010 09:47, Graham Jones <grahamjones139 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> We could then have a nice banner on the bottom of the screen pointing to
> the descriptions of the other editors that would allow you to add or change
> geometries.

+1

I think the app should provide some form of stepping stone functionality for
more advanced tools.

For future discussion, once scope has been determined: Would it be an idea
to provide a toggle between simple mode & complex mode inside of Potlatch,
rather than build a completely new editor? Potlatch could default to simple
mode to prevent scaring off new contributors, but provide more complex
operations with one click.