[OSM-talk] Google expands their map data

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 13 20:08:16 GMT 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Including some who say it doesn't matter if we remove all the old data from
> the maps and just retain the Odbl stuff.

funny you say that, while we are fighting over silly licenses, google is
just taking over.
I would like to say that i am learning about the ruby code and making
prototypes in transiki.org code that will be later usable in the osm engine.
I think there is lots of room for improvement on the railsport and lots of
things we can do to improve the user interface.
The forks of osm will provide a good testing ground for changes, in fact
this license dispute might be good for creativity.
mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania flossk.org