[OSM-talk] New site about the license change

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 06:34:43 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 02:18:41PM +0100, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2010/11/16 David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au>:
>
> > Maybe I missed something, but when were the decisions made?
>

> back in 2008

The decisions had to be “the current licence is not suitable, we should
find something more suitable” rather than any specific instances of the
ODbL and CTs which were developed much later.

“We think there is a problem” is a very different decision to the one we
are trying to make now, which is whether to adopt the ODbL and CTs as
they are.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall