[OSM-talk] Tagging of a large slab of concrete with many bus routes going over it

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:39:39 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm working on the bus terminal of Leuven in Belgium.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.882181&lon=4.714964&zoom=18&layers=M

There is a triangular shaped slab of concrete with an island, the bus
terminal is right next to it. I created many 'ways' that are not exactly
there, but in order to create contiguous relations they are needed.

My biggest beef with the rendering are all those little one way arrows. So I
already took them away, but somebody else insists on putting them back...

What I did with the multipolygon conveys what's actually there. All the
virtual ways are paths across the concrete in order to get a nice picture
when rendering the bus routes. It seems like a good compromise, but I'm at a
loss about whether it's the right way to map the whole area.

Thanks for your input.

Jo