[OSM-talk] Response to A critique of OpenStreetMap

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Fri Oct 15 09:00:08 BST 2010

I think Justin is right.

The OSM community lacks an inspiring vision towards the future

of OSM.  Instead of focusing on GEO-data and MAP usability,

the last 2 years to many of the key players of OSM have been focusing on only one

topic : the license change.

How can any potential user of OSM get a good impression of what is

possible from the base map ?

And indeed, mentioning Mapnik as a base

layer is too much honour for the software creating it.

Thank you Justin, for the effort you put in showing where we actually

fail. Communicating with our potential users !

Lets learn our lessons, and create some kind of working group

focusing on that. If we can get as many people motivated for

this topic  as there were for the license change, our showcase, the

base map  will improve quickly.

Gert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)

P Before printing, think about the environment.