[OSM-talk] Bing coverage - more levels

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Tue Feb 8 21:32:59 GMT 2011

Hi ant,

On 08.02.2011 21:52, ant wrote:
> 14-17 "high resolution"
> 18-19 "very high resolution"
> 20 "ultra high resolution"

sounds fine, but I experience that some high resolution images look just
like overzoomed lower resolution images.

For example compare these parking lots. Both claim to be zoom 19, at
least your site shows them both as zoom 19. One in London, one in Chiang
Mai.
I don't believe the Chiang Mai one is hi-res.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6329/z19london.png
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5817/z19chiangmai.png

Interpolation can also be done in JOSM. I would be interested in the
real image resolution.
This might need more than just detecting the existing of tiles in
specific zoom levels. Any idea on how to have users vote on the
resolution experienced?

Stephan