[OSM-talk] Download only specific nodes in one large area

Gerrit z0idberg at gmx.de
Sun Jul 31 19:15:27 BST 2011

Hello,

because I want to add language-specific name-tags to all cities in one
area, I wonder if it is possible to download *only* city nodes for an
entire country? If I download the entire country, 1. the download takes
too long and 2. the server may reject me and 3. my ram gets eaten up.

So I wonder if I can just tell JOSM to download all city nodes in one
large area? I do not want streets, buildings etc, just cities.
I just tried to do it with osmconvert and osmfilter, but I cannot even
download the area at first, because the server rejects me.

Thanks!
Gerrit