[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF !

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Tue Jun 14 07:37:53 BST 2011

In general i know Henk as a reasonable man,

and I know he is in politics in the Netherlands

so she should knew better then referencing to this

would-be-dictator Pierens Doodle Poll.

Read it and you will understand why is some "democratic" countries
revolutions

started. This Is what I call blackmail democracy.

(the Poll does not even mention the CT) The Poll starts as follows:

You are not a member of the OSMF but in February 2010, you will be asked
to accept the new Odbl or your account will be closed and all you
contributions deleted from the database (or hidden which is the same).

If one does not read carefully, one might even conclude that as

a result of this poll your account may be closed.

Serge Wroclawski wrote about this poll:

...separately by the community by a different community member who had
concerned over the first poll.

I wonder what the concerns might have been....

This is a very good example of how democracy should not work.

Kadhaffi would do no better.

And it makes me fully understand why TimC writes:

The community polls were post-hoc rationalizing, window dressing,
unofficial and poorly worded. In legitimate democratic votes, the vote
occurs BEFORE the decision to implement a plan takes place. It is
tacitly acknowledged in that the mechanism in the CTs is different from
what previously had happened. But really the past doesn't matter as much
as what we do next

Gert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)

P Before printing, think about the environment.