[OSM-talk] Request for Romano-British features

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 10:36:05 GMT 2012

Pieren wrote:
>> If someone does this in my area, I'll revert the deletion as vandalism.
>> >
> Funny. I also consider adding non-existing stuff as "vandalism". I
> hope we will never contribute on the same areas...

This is the current reason *I* have been unable to contribute to OSM in the last
few years. All of the material I am gathering relates to historic mapping and I
want somewhere that I can share it with other like minded users. Perhaps now is
the time simply to fork a version that is only intended for historic mapping.
There does not seem to be any agreement on a cross database API as an
alternative to destroying data as it is superseded by changes on the ground. But
one of the rules that does apply is that data that has been generated by others
SHOULD NOT simply be destroyed unless it is inappropriate.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL