[OSM-talk] [Tagging] Mapping guidelines

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:37:55 GMT 2012

2012/1/17 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
> On 1/17/2012 8:10 AM, Simone Saviolo wrote:
> I'm not suggesting either of these. But a single chunk of houses is clearly
> all residential, whether it's the size of a few lots or a huge subdivision.

+1. public streets are not part of it. Have a look how others deal
with this at a scale of 1:2000 (zoom 18).

> Splitting it at roads gives no benefit and complicates editing greatly. This
> is just ridiculous:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=35.323225&lon=-119.077089&zoom=18

how does that complicate anything? Connecting roads to landuses and
other areas complicates editing greatly. A mapping like the above
eases editing and is more precise then a huge landuse-polygon. I don't
find anything ridiculous in this.

cheers,
Martin