[OSM-talk] Import guidelines & OSMF/DWG governance

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Sep 19 08:37:50 BST 2012

Hi,

On 09/19/2012 12:38 AM, Christian Quest wrote:
> For me a mandatory rule on which someone bases a block decision must be
> something decided publicly and shared with the community, and clearly
> published/announced... and none of these has taken place here.

Are you saying that we should have had a vote on the wiki, or what? Who
would have been eligible to vote? And are you at the same time saying
that changing a policy on the wiki is not "clearly published"?

> I didn't know about this change until I re-read the wiki page after Marc
> being blocked. I would not be surprised he was not aware of the now
> mandatory account that was optional for so long in the guidelines.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't aware of that rule. That's why we made him
aware of it. Twice.

Bye
Frederik