[OSM-talk] Import guidelines & OSMF/DWG governance

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Wed Sep 19 21:47:07 BST 2012

On 19.09.2012 11:22, Christian Quest wrote:
> We're voting proposed tag scheme.
... or not. Frequently nowadays a new value or scheme is invented w/o
voting. No statement by myself whether I think this is good process or
not...

> So these hard rules are coming from nowhere ? There's no process to
> set them ?
Please read the comment of Richard (in the archive:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2012-September/064300.html).

> Yes, I'm saying that editing the wiki is not clearly publishing and
> ANNOUNCING a major change.
As stated by Richard: the change of the wiki was just a documentation of
the best practice used since long term, I would not call this a major
change.

But to point also on the other issue which started the whole discussion:
if someone contacts you because of you behavior (even if it is in a
foreign language) you should not completely ignore him. The complete
ignorance of any contact (threre have been two or three tries) was the
reason for the (short term) block, not the disregard of the guidelines.

Best ragards,
Michael.