[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:46:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> A better handling
> of the SAVE cycle might suffice in a lot of cases, rather than a pop-up for
> each delete? So many nodes will be deleted from the live map ... did you
> really mean to do that?

I think we speak here about newcomers deletings elements 'by
accident'. This happened with the older editors as well. Pure
vandalism is not prevented by a pop-up or 2 clicks instead of one. And
when people have been contacted for their damages, these contributors
explained often that they simply did not realize that their changes
went to the real database. That's why imho, a pop-up showed only one
time on the first save action warning that this is modifying the real
map data would be sufficient.

Pieren