[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Ben Abelshausen ben.abelshausen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:00:13 UTC 2013

Sometimes it almost looks like some people here are afraid of new users.

I think it is correct to assume that they will make mistakes in the
beginning but also that they join the project to add new data. If they grow
to be seasoned mappers the benefits of having new users will outweigh the
inconvenience of occasionally having to correct some mistakes.

If iD can help with this then I say: let's make it easier for new people to
join and edit the map instead of being afraid they will mess up some data.

A better way of preventing mistakes is to prevent first edits being a
lonely experience and to increase interaction with local communities
instead of making editors more complicated.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Ben Abelshausen
http://twitter.com/XIVK