[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:45:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Ben Abelshausen
<ben.abelshausen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sometimes it almost looks like some people here are afraid of new users.

+1
We also have to see "deletions" as positive contributions "a priori"
when it is really fixing something (e.g. removing an obsolete POI).

> A better way of preventing mistakes is to prevent first edits being a lonely
> experience and to increase interaction with local communities instead of
> making editors more complicated.

Mapcraft could inspire iD in this way : a 'chat' window is immediatly
available. Having the possibility to talk immediatly  with the
community present on irc for instance or an iD chat room would also
help a lot.

Pieren