[OSM-talk] Making iD the default editor on osm.org

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 12:59:36 UTC 2013

Lester Caine wrote:
> I've given it another try, but the style sheet is definitely not to my liking
> when working on data around here. I prefer the cleaner style of P2.

http://lsces.co.uk/fisheye/view.php?gallery_id=78 to try and explain what I'm
talking about ...
This was the best contrast I could get on the imagery for id, openstreetview is
OK, but the horizontal hatching at the top detracts from viewing the background
imagery on both.

Hovering over an object it displays clearly in P2, but it's difficult to see the
change in highlight on iD until you actually click on a target, and even then
the highlighted object is not as crisp as appears in P2. I actually cleaned my
glasses to see if it helped! Contrast is important for some users, so grey on
grey does not work.

I had problems with 'Point' originally because the cross is virtually invisible
against the imagery. I did not even realise it was there at first, but
personally I'd prefer the blank area to the right displaying the P2 POI menu
than having random item details appearing as you hover around. Having to search
for something you do not even know about is not helpful? If you can see a set of
details to select from it makes life easy - even for experienced mappers. I
don't want to have to type in and try and find the right icon.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL