[OSM-talk] Missing Bing Imagery in Parts of Costa Rica

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Mar 5 01:28:43 UTC 2013

Recently I had the opportunity to visit Costa Rica. When attempting to add
detail to a hotel/hot springs I discovered that Bing didn't have images for
the area. The images were missing from Potlatch/JOSM as well as Bing Maps.
Bing personal confirmed with me that they had no images for the area.
Additionally, high resolution images are not available in all parts of the
country.

Does anyone know if there are any high resolution images usable in OSM that
we can use?  The available imagery providers in JOSM didn't provide any
real usable backgrounds.

BTW - I did take some gps traces, but only the main road. I figured once I
had access to internet I'd be able to add in building and other details. I
was surprised to find no images at all.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch