[OSM-talk] Timezones (was: Deleting data)

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Oct 22 05:07:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Johan C <osmned at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Essentially what we need is the concept of layers.

I don't think we really need layers, but could use editors that are
semantically aware of things like boundaries,
and put them in the background until needed.

---

Some boundaries effectively follow an other mapped feature,even if the true
boundary varies.  A nature reserve on one side of a
road, or one side of a winding river, may fall into this category.  The
conventional boundary is shared.  The actual legal
boundary must be established by survey and is less relevant to OSM.   If we
can make sharing boundaries less awkward to edit,
I think we'd unlock a lot of power in modelling the world as it really is
used.