[OSM-talk] Foursquare and OSM Note Instructions

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Fri Mar 28 09:03:20 UTC 2014

Perhaps it is because English is not my native language but I
understand a Note to be a comment, whether about missing data or wrong
data or in fact, as I've sometimes done, a note about imagery missing
for a future imagery refresh.

I mapped my hometown last summer and one part of it was missing good
imagery, so I added a note there (a cluster of 3 newly built streets)
which was something like "imagery missing - resurvey when updated" which
I then resolved a few weeks back when I noticed the imagery had been
updated for that part. Thus these notes form a sort of to-do list where
the doing can't be done at this point in time.

It is quite curious to name them Notes when they are then understood to
be Errors. Or are they Notes?

--Jói

Þann 28.03.2014 08:32, JB reit: