[OSM-talk] Release openstreetmap-carto v2.22.0
info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Mon Oct 6 18:55:50 UTC 2014
Today, v2.22.0 of the openstreetmap-carto stylesheet has been
released and rolled out to the openstreetmap.org servers. It might
take up to 48 hours before all tiles show the new rendering.
* Major changes in landcover labelling. Landcover labels are now
rendered oblique, and in the colour of the landuse they belong to. The
minimum zoom level on which the labels appear, as well as their font
size, now depends on the size of the landcover object. All rendered
landcover labels now have their name rendered. The new rendering might
highlight tagging errors, so all mappers are invited to inspect their
local area for possible problems. Note that adding the name tag to the
landuse area rather than to a node generally yields better results.
* Changes in island and islet labelling. Islets (place=islet) now have
their name rendered. The minimum zoom level on which islands and
islets appear now depends on the island/islet size. The area size can
only be used when the island/islet is tagged as area, not as point, so
tagging islands/islets as area is recommended. Note that smaller
place=island objects can now be retagged as place=islet without losing
their label in the main renderer.
* Bus stops now have their name rendered.
* Apart from bridge=yes, we now also render the bridge keys boardwalk,
cantilever, covered, low_water_crossing, movable, trestle, and
viaduct. When applicable, bridges can now be retagged using the
* Ferries now have their name rendered (when applicable), and
overlapping ferry lines now look better.
* Gates are no longer rendered on zoom level 15.
* Streams, ditches and drains are now rendered slightly wider.
* Long place names are now wrapped.
* Aerodrome names are now wrapped.
* Various bug fixes.
For a full list of commits, see
As always, we welcome any bug reports at
More information about the talk