[OSM-talk] Proposed Semi Mechanical Edit : "recycling:excrement"

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Fri Apr 17 12:23:08 UTC 2015

On 17/04/2015 02:05, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/17/2015 02:10 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>> I propose to use context to determine the meaning, and retag according
>> to current conventions. For example "recycling:excrement" at a marina
>> dock will be assume as a marine sewage pumpout station.  The same tag in
>> a city park will be a dog waste bin.  Usually it's quite clear.
> Someone on talk-de has complained that you have deleted information in
> your recent marine sewage
> not-really-mechanical-but-still-large-scale-use-context-to-determine-meaning-without-having-first-hand-knowledge
> edit.

One that I was unsure about was the loss of the amenity tag on
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3360668597/history#map=19/53.44159/-0.84441
in
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/29963851
(see changeset discussion there).

When tagging that I was copying and pasting from the wiki at the time
(the item concerned is what Germans would call a "Robidog" I think -
they're rare in my bit of the UK although dog waste bins aren't.

Cheers,

Andy