[OSM-talk] how do i get a mapper to engage with the community over mass imports?

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Apr 24 16:03:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 3:33 AM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> As I indicated ... it is more a matter of what is wrong with the new
> data. I WOULD expect new building  data to include the address and
> perhaps the fact that this is missing is good enough reason not to allow
> the import. Particularly if the buildings removed did have addresses?

The data I looked at seemed of good quality,
but had a high number of "messy" tags that can't practically be maintained
in OSM.

I like the primary key tag, but the others are junk, and remind me of some
of
the least helpful aspects of the early Tiger imports.

Had this import come up on the imports list, I would have commented as
above.