[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto v2.33.0 release

moltonel moltonel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:44:44 UTC 2015

On 15 August 2015 14:16:06 GMT+01:00, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>IMHO it would rather encourage mappers to make more sense out of these
>than it is now. I'm myself adding a pointless landuse=forest for every
>landcover=trees now (for the renderer), and I guess most other mappers
>do the same. I will remove them from non-forests as soon as the
>landcover tag becomes visible

Yes, landcover=trees has the notable advantage of being unambiguous, because it only conveys one concept. The other concepts confusedly conveyed by landuse=forest and natural=wood can/should be handled by other tags (landuse=forestry anyone ? :) ). It'll take years if it happens at all, but getting early support from osmcarto will speed things up.
--
Vincent Dp