[OSM-talk] "guide to vandalism” in OSM?

JB jbosm at mailoo.org
Fri Feb 13 14:50:40 UTC 2015

After having looked at a few @osmthis notes, my conclusion is that it
rarely helps: the location of the note is not precise enough, and the
photo cannot help with finding the poi location. Should use photo +
manual location.

Still wondering about this « presume good faith » thing. If every note
should be resurveyed on the ground, why not just replace the creator
text with « please come survey here » ? And then, just randomly create
them around everywhere, just to encourage mappers get out ?

Sure, you got someone give an example of two bad faith notes in France,
out of 21000 created, 19000 closed ? Are the statistics really worse
than that of vandalism ?

JB.