[OSM-talk] spammy "survey" questions.

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Mar 3 09:26:06 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> I agree that some well defined process which might include an oversight
> rule for the OSMF would be good. Muki's code which Richard Weait has
> linked to is excellent (requiring, among other things, that the
> researcher does some mapping, discusses his findings with the community
> to avoid mistakes in interpretation, and publishes their work in Open
> Access journals).

I think requiring mapping is in fact a poor idea: that impinges on issues
of academic freedom.

But that protection of the mapper community is key - ensuring that surveys
are well formatted, professional, infrequent, and properly targeted.
Access to the OSM
mapper database is a privilege.

--

Reuse of existing surveys should be supported as well.