[OSM-talk] Beware Pokemon users

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Dec 30 14:45:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 2:13 AM, David Kewley <david.t.kewley at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, true. And wouldn't it be cool if there were workable ways to turn
> accurate mapping into a compelling game? :) I know this is not a new idea,
> but PoGo certainly has gotten my interest, since it's been so motivating
> for folks to add to OSM.

I had a related theory that's pretty much what Google was using Ingress for
last year.  Lost to the ethers is where I theorized in a group hangout for
the local Ingress community that the POIs entered as portal suggestions was
feeding Google Maps, which hit me the same day or the next day.

https://plus.google.com/+PaulJohnsonTulsa/posts/bFdG66yMZV5