[OSM-talk] What pointing device you use for mapping?

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:00:40 UTC 2016

I use a trusty Microsoft Intellimouse (although I do not customise the
buttons), but I'm really replying to an observation about a helpful
tip for mapping parties and workshops.

When putting on a mapping party / workshop where people bring their
own laptops, bring a bag of mice for participants to use! The Missing
Maps  / OSM London do this and it seems as if all of them get used.

(I also find it funny, how, several years ago at mapping parties we
used to pass around a bag of GPS units to map, now it's a bag of
mice!)

Back on topic, I'd be curious to hear if the assorted map teams in
companies like Mapbox etc use any specific hardware to point and map
and increase productivity...

Cheers,

Tim