[OSM-talk] highway=crossing tags removed in changeset.

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 19 12:38:38 UTC 2016

On 16/07/2016 07:20, Greg Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Alejandro S. <alejandroscf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Looks like somebody making automated edits without checking by survey what
>> they are doing...
>>
>> I think it should be reverted.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>    Alejandro Suárez
>
> 4.) Edit 7, the edit under dispute, Wynndale removes the
> highway=crossing tag following the first sentence of the wiki page and
> the rest of the paragraph.

I think you're putting to much importance on the wiki & not enough about
what's on the ground.
Wynndale to an incorrect tag & made it worse (to correct it the removed
tag would have to be re-added & then crossing=no removed.

The geographic spread strongly implies he didn't have local knowledge
for them all.

> So how about coaching the mapper verses reverting the changeset or
> making an allegation.

He's made over 1400 edits since 2009.

>   Even the original tagging is wrong.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

> Why would
> you want to revert a change that is right based on the wiki to
> something that is wrong to begin with?

Because it's wrong with what's in the real world. I'm proposing to
revert this changeset & then ask on Talk-gb if those local to the
amendments can clarify what is the correct tagging to use.

Dave F.