[OSM-talk] Highway=trunk : harmonization between countries ?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 22 10:41:30 UTC 2017

I agree,  classification should be largely irrelevant to routing.
Routing needs timings from node to node, which are best derived from
bendiness, number of lanes, junctions etc and then capped to the legal
maximum. A four-lane secondary, primary, trunk or motorway will all have
the same effective speed in the absence of bends and junctions.

//colin