[OSM-talk] Redacting 75, 000 street names contributed by user chdr

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 28 12:43:23 UTC 2017

Simon Poole wrote

PS: naturally simply assuming that all name expansions are legit is a bit iffy, consider Circle vs. Circuit  and other expansions that you often can't decide without external sources, I don't know if there are  any such cases in the affected data, but it seems to be silly to start wasting time on something that is  essentially a non-problem (revert the name to the original and re-expand it using current TIGER if possible).

To respect contributors participation, I think that it is important to avoid deleting valid contributions.
 Before redaction, what I propose to do for Quebec / Canada :
 I will go through thee chdr list provided by Frederik, and will verify the history for the name and add either
source:verify tag=chdr name addition without source confirmationsource:verify tag=chdr name typo correction

After redaction, it will be easy to select the redacted ways and add the name from legit source.
regard

Pierre