[OSM-talk] Wikipedia/Wikidata admins cleanup

Eric Gillet gill3t.3ric+osm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:32:52 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> May I remind, that whilst we have no mechanism to *properly* vote on the
adoption of new tags, we also have no mechanism to *properly* vote on
whether a mechanical edit can go ahead or not, including mass reverts. With
so few OSMers on this list, the discussion here can miss the true
consensus. That works both ways (approving and rejecting an edit).

> A few people on this list does not equate to the voice of the OSM
community!

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Mikel Maron <mikel.maron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reverts should be held to the same standard as imports (outside of
obviously urgent problems). That means a well documented and visible plan,
community discussion. Rob's comment shows that it is not possible for
someone eyeing a revert to judge this from a quick look at the data or
discussion on talk at . Right or wrong, the communication I've seen from
community members making reverts has left a lot of rough feelings. I don't
believe that this thread meets a community friendly threshold for reverts.

I fully agree.