[OSM-talk] Draft Trademark Policy

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Sep 8 18:02:44 UTC 2017

As promised we discussed the feedback so far at the LWG meeting yesterday.

We've added a clause 3.3.6. that clarifies that the use in repos,
libraries, software projects and so on is normally considered
nominative/referential use.

Further we've added a clarification to the FAQ wrt use of remixes in
domain names and that use of the OpenStreetMap mark soley for
attribution does not require a trademark notice.

This should cover the three major points raised.

You can find the wikified version of the updated document here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy

Simon