[OSM-talk] Redacting 75, 000 street names contributed by user chdr

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Sep 27 12:27:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 27.09.2017 06:43, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> In your email from Aug 28 you proposed to wait a while as a first step
> to gather some feedback on your assessment. Did you receive any? When do
> you think you want to proceed with the redaction? Anything we can do to
> help?

I haven't received any feedback other than what came over the lists.
I'll re-do my analysis and try to take into account changes that people
have made after chdr and where they mentioned a particular source.

> I can assist with preparing the MapRoulette challenge to re-tag the
> redacted roads.

> We can take steps to ensure that people use legit
> sources: run a separate challenge for each region and point to specific
> sources that can be used for that region, for example.

Frankly, in those regions where we've just a couple 100 affected roads,
maybe we don't have to do anything at all - the roads will show up on
generic "name missing" debug views like in OSMI, and will be fixed
sooner or later. If we concentrate on countries losing 500 names or
more, that'd be ~ 15 country-wide challenges which should be manageable?
I could make a list of way IDs per country.

I was hoping to get things over with this month which is going to get a
bit tight but I'm still planning that. Unless there's a reason to wait?

Bye
Frederik