[OSM-talk] Help me build an OSM Community Index

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Wed Apr 4 17:11:34 UTC 2018

Yep, to echo what Clifford said - we don’t need to get the exact boundaries perfect.  As long as a person editing around this area sees that there is something nearby, I am happy.

Because the project is really just a bunch of .geojson files, we can be flexible and update as often as needed.
For comparison, here are the current Pacific Northwest community boundaries:

Vancouver:  https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/canada/vancouver_metro.geojson <https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/canada/vancouver_metro.geojson>
Mt Vernon:  https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/us/mt_vernon_wa.geojson <https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/us/mt_vernon_wa.geojson>
Seattle:  https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/us/seattle.geojson <https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/us/seattle.geojson>