[OSM-talk] Villages with no highways

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 8 21:20:33 UTC 2018

My experience from all the humanitarian responses. Yes, it is important to know the territory and adapt.
For the North of Mali humanitarian response in early 2013, people had difficulty to identify villages, flooded by water on the available images with the rainy season that last 6 months. In desertic regions it is also very difficult sometimes to spot houses if images are not clear enough.
For me this offers a good challenge, not to delete nodes but to find houses and add to OSM !
And yes, often, there are no roads in small african villages. Also in  some villages, we cannot identify what is private, what is public, and people walk in all directions. We need to observe an area, understand how it is organized.

Pierre