[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Undiscussed mass-revert by user Nakaner-repair

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 07:10:42 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 11:42 PM, ajt1047 at gmail.com <ajt1047 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 23/04/2018 03:40, Jack Armstrong Dancer at sprynet.com wrote:
>
> I fully support the efforts of Nakaner. There are 6-8 users creating a
> mess in the Denver, Colorado area.
>

> What'd really help matters would be if local mappers could comment on
> changesets by new mappers (both "good" and "bad").  I see that someone's
> already commented on a couple of the "thousands of node additions" that
> you're presumably referring to here (if that was you - thanks!), but often
> locals are by far the best people to say "that doesn't look correct".  See
> https://openstreetmap.org/changeset/57929974 for an example near me by
> one of the "organised" mappers that alerted GB and DE mappers to the
> problems there.
>

> See here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?node=
> 5538075288#map=19/39.71967/-104.98736
>
> Okay so Jack fully supports Nakaner.  He reports that 6-8 users are
creating a mess in the Denver, Colorado area.  If we look at the node that
Jack is pointing to, then we will see that Victoria1901,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Victoria1901 has made 30 edits.  There
are zero blocks against her.   Hyperbole!  Hyperbole!  So she didn't draw
in the way.  Honestly, are we going to grow new mappers or not.  We have to
let new people fail.  That's part of the learning process.  In the same
area is chachafish, https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/chachafish.  The
user has 124,710 edits.  Is there something that you don't like?  So have I
covered two of the 6-8 editors messing up Denver Colorado?

Regards,
Greg